Salvation involves the forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life with God. Jesus Christ led a perfect and sinless life. He died for our sins and was resurrected to eternal life. Through Jesus, we who believe in him are forgiven of our sins and we are given the gift of eternal life in heaven.
Here is a small selection of Bible verses that speak of salvation:
• The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved-you and your household." (Acts 16:29-31 NIV)
• . . . It is by the name of Jesus Christ . . . Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:10,12 NIV)
• That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9 NIV)
• for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. (Romans 3:23,24 NIV)
• "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16 NIV)
Click here for list of Bible-prophecy related articles
Go to: List of all articles